The Avon, Somerset and Wiltshire Cancer Services Network Commissioning Group is a sub-group of the Network Board and is responsible for undertaking detailed performance management. This includes the monitoring of achievement of National Cancer Reform Strategy ambitions including going further on cancer waits, Peer Review and Improving Outcomes Guidance; as well as local service level agreements and monitoring of expenditure. The Commissioning Group is also the forum for collective decision-making regarding investment priorities and making recommendations to the Network Board and individual Primary Care Trust Boards.
The Commissioning Group roles include:
- the development of the Network Implementation Strategy to deliver the Cancer Reform Strategy
- the development and proposal of strategies, priorities and plans to the Board
- the detailing of prioritised investment proposals
- the identification and assurance of commissioner actions to ensure delivery
- the coordination of performance management activities of Lead Commissioners
- the identification and management of a register of risk
- liaison with the Specialist Commissioning Group as appropriated on collective commissioning decisions for rarer cancers
- the development of a work plan across organisations for each financial year
Please note that ASWCS are no longer uploading meeting notes to this website. If you would like to receive notes from this meeting, then please contact the group administrator with your request.
Meetings are not open to the public but if you would like to become a member of the group, please contact the group administrator and your application will be considered.
Commissioning Meeting 25 July Documents